This recipe was developed by Cat Cora for McCormick brand spices.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons roasted ground coriander (new McCormick spice)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 slices sliced bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large (1 pound) sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large sweet turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
Mix flour and next four ingredients in a shallow dish and add chicken thighs to coat. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
Cook bacon in a large saucepot or Dutch oven until crisp; drain on paper towels and crumble. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the drippings and add olive oil. Add chicken to pot and cook over medium heat five minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
Stir onion into the pot and cook 4 minutes until tender. Mix broth and reserved flour mixture with a whisk until smooth and add to pot with sweet potatoes and turnip. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add orange juice; return to a boil and simmer 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with bacon before serving.