- 1 and ½ cups sliced fennel bulb
- 1 and ½ cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 and ¼ cups cubed locally-grown potatoes
- 1 cup cubed peeled turnip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 large shallots, peeled and halved
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Combine all of the above ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Place vegetable mixture in a large bowl. Whisk honey and vinegar together and dribble slowly over the vegetables, tossing gently until they are lighted coated with the mixture. You may not need all of the mixture to achieve the desired flavor. Serves 4 as a side dish.