- 3 cups of white potato (cleaned and diced)
- 2 cups of sweet potato (cleaned and diced)
- 1 cup of red potato (cleaned and diced)
- 8 cloves of garlic (skin removed)
- 1 head of broccoli (cleaned and cut into chunks)
- ½ cup cream or whole milk
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 2 T fresh cilantro and parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil potatoes and garlic for about 20 minutes and add broccoli for the last 5–7 minutes of cooking.
When all vegetables are tender, remove from liquid and place in a large metal or glass bowl. Add butter, cilantro and milk. Mix until butter is melted. Put through a food mill or ricer or mash by hand with a masher. Do not use a mixer — it can make the potatoes too starchy and taste like paste. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately. Serves 6–8.